Health Assessments are one of the most effective ways for us to provide health promotion and prevention services in General Practice.
Assessments are usually performed by practice nurses working alongside or on behalf of a GP at their practice.
Available assessments include:
- Health assessment for people aged 75 years and older
- Health assessment for people aged 45-49 years who are at risk of developing chronic disease
- Type 2 diabetes risk evaluation for people aged 40-49 years
- Comprehensive medical assessment for permanent residents of residential aged care facilities
- Health assessment for people with an intellectual disability
- Health assessment for refugees and other humanitarian entrants
- Health assessment for former serving members of the Australian Defence Force
With the first 3 being the most common.
Check out our free course: Introduction to Health Assessments in General Practice
If you're ready to take your skills to the next level, check out our comprehensive courses:
Mastering the 75yr Health Assessment
Mastering the 45-49yr Check and the 40-49yr Diabetes Check